From idea to prototype in a day?
Why a day – and not a week?
- My attention span is short – anything longer requires management (= waste)
- I want results sooner than rather (= time, my most valuable asset. Money cannot buy it)
- Day is practical unit of time: Night time allows one to clear the mistakes made..
Why settle with prototype – why not a product, you know $$$?
- I am not that clever. (IMHO A successful product is way more than single executed idea. It typically is fairly large sum of implementation details that fit with well-understood market segment with clever marketing and lengthy execution from various parties.)
Yeah, but why prototype – wouldn’t mockup be enough?
- Let’s be liberal here. Mockup is close enough to prototype
- Most people cannot understand ideas without tangible examples.
- With a real prototype at hand even people who get the idea will see more.
- Prototyping is fun.
Why not write about something more meaningful like politics, moonshots..?
- Why not, in deed..
- ..because I cannot make a moonshot in one day!
- ..and prototyping on politics isn’t really my area of expertise.